What is the LUKAS?
How does the LUKAS work?
The Latin-UK awards consists of two phases:
The voting phase. During 2 months the public votes at www.thelukas.co.uk for individuals and organizations for 30 + awards in Entertainment, Business and Community. The first month is an ‘open’ round in which over 1,000 nominees who fulfill the criteria participate. The second month constitutes the final round in which the top five most voted for in each category compete for the winning and runner up positions. These two months of campaigning and voting entails a huge marketing opportunity via the social networks and the media.
The event. The voting process culminates in the gala ceremony – a wonderful, colourful VIP celebration, in which the winners are presented with their awards and also perform.
Achievements of The LUKAS 2013
The LUKAS 2013 exceeded our expectations on every level:
· Through widespread mainstream national and international media coverage, the estimated audience reach was over 7 million, way above the 1 million we hoped.
· The LUKAS made history by becoming the most media covered Latin event EVER produced in the UK, surpassing much bigger and traditional events.
· National media included METRO, (daily readership 3.8m), Daily Mail, (circulation 1,8m), The Independent and The BBC.
· Over 85 international media outlets covered the awards, including Latin America’s biggest pan-regional TV channels, ESPN and Univision (the US’ largest Hispanic channel – 2.5 million visitors per month), national newspapers, radio stations and TV channels all over South America, from Spain to Argentina.
· The LUKAS was promoted on hundreds of websites, newsletters and social networking groups, including those of the UK’s most established institutions, such as the Royal Opera House, The British Museum and South Bank Centre.
· The Gala ceremony was hosted by Spain’s most popular TV host Boris Izaguirre. Presenters and hostesses were dressed in Vivienne Westwood.
· It was attended by celebrities such as Tamara Rojo, Carlos Acosta (global ballet stars), designer Vivienne Westwood, Pink Floyd’s lead singer David Gilmour and Phil Manzanera, The YES band plus several TV soap stars and comedians.
See our facebook gallery for photos https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.271083606360983.1073741829.255...